Sunday, September 5, 2010

9/5/2010

It has been a very busy Sunday! After church we were invited to lunch at a couple from the church (and school's) house. They made us authentic South African food! Unfortunatly, we did not have our cameras. The food was all pretty good. The main course was some kind of buck with gravy, half fried potatoes, peas and rice with summer squash. They told us that when we go to see all the animals this next weekend we now know what one kind tasts like ;) They were all talking about how they caught it, and arguing about if it was a leg or a shoulder... I think they decided that it was a leg. For dessert, we had a special Malva pudding...They call any dessert pudding here. I'm not sure how to describe it other than the fact that it was a cake, but it was very good.
This afternoon, we went to the school and hung out with the girls who live at the school. They were very shocked that we would take time out of our weekend to go hangout with them. We played games, talked, and listened to music. I brought my Ipod because they wanted to hear some of the christian music that we listen to. They were very excited to see the pictures on my Ipod that we showed them. They were all making fun of me today because I have a pretty distinct tan line now from my sun glasses ;) They said I have a reverse racoon face.
We taught the girls how to play Snorta today! They loved it ;)

They taught us how to play their jump rope games.

We gave the girls the cinnamon rolls that we made. They LOVED them!

1 comment:

The Beaulieu Five said...

It sounds and looks like you had a really nice day! I am glad you are letting your actions show Christ's love to the teen girls. That will go a long way in the seeds you are planting with them. Love the last picture...the girl by you is looking at your I pod... Cute!

Love you both!!!

Mom