Thursday, August 23, 2007

Mexico 2007


My second time in Tecate was a LOT different from the first! First of all I knew what to expect so I wasn't as nervous, but I was the only youth and the only girl doing construction! Being the only youth on the trip forced me to step outside of my comfort zone ever further than I had before. On this trip I was able to visit Tecate with the daughter of the Tecate church's pastor, which allowed me to see the true poverty and hardship of the Tecate people. My eyes were truly opened to the need of people all around the world. My desire to serve the Lord through missions grew even stronger while I was in Mexico!

1 comment:

J.J.A.G. Hanson said...

Nicole, it's awesome to see the growth in you from one trip to the next. Just imagine all that God can & will do through you next summer if you remain yielded to His guiding hand. He loves you soooooooo much. I do too!
Love, Amy