Friday, August 24, 2007

Southeast Asia 2007- The Orphanage

The 1st orphanage we went to.
A girl who is learning photography.
This was her first time using a digital camera.










Me with all the girls from the 1st orphanage.
They loved the heart baloons Dave brought them!















This little girl showed me around the
orphanage and then we played.
We were only there for an hour and
she did not speak English, but she
was such a sweetie!









These are the children from the
2nd orphanage we went to. I spent
2 days with them. Here they are
saying a prayer for our team.
Some of my team members spent
their time teaching these
children English.







This 3 year old girl stole my heart (big time)! Cindy & her brother, Justin came to the orphanage because her aunt poisioned
her parents and older brothers. It took
a while to get her to warm up to me,
but once she did she was mine!








This was right before I had to say "goodbye"
to Cindy. A piece of my heart is still with her
in Southeast Asia!!! I would have taken her
home in a second if I could have!!!

1 comment:

The Beaulieu Five said...

Your Mama would have been perfectly happy if you would have brought Cindy & Justin home with you!!! ;)